HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Artificial Corn, Need some Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Artificial Corn, Need some Opinions

ORIGINAL: huntinglife

I am curious to know when you state that it is highly un-ethical why you would feel that way. Most waterfowlers use decoys and calls to attract birds into their spreads, how would using artificial product resembling food be any different? I understand as well every hunter is going to have to make the decision for themselves whether to use any product in the hunting market today. Some hunters love the ROBO-Geese and ROBO-Ducks and others think they should be banned and in some states they are banned.

As far as the product being illegal, I have taken the time to check the regulations. I happen to know that it is being used in several states already with incredible success in places like Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. By all means every hunter should check the regulations in their state but I am assured after my research that this product will be legal in almost every state.

I personally cannot wait to try out this product with Deer, Turkey, Hogs and Waterfowl.
VA abides by the federal baiting regulations (of course so does everyone else)..... while it does not specifically list artificial type food stuff attractants, I fully suspect that artificial corn would fall under the crop manipulation clause and thereby be under the jurisdiction of the "ten day rule". Salt blocks are the same animal....

I'll have to call the boys and see what they say.... but by and large I suspect that the legality of the practice (esp in VA) would be largely determined by exactly which game warden checked you. A fair number of game wardens (as well as hunters and probably even judges and politicians) do not understand the blind laws we have in place, and the legality of hunting in a certain spot is left largely up to the game warden in charge of the investigation (read: checking you).