HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder
Thread: Shoulder
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:18 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoulder

ORIGINAL: Duck Creek Hunter

I am in a quandry, When I first joined this forum, I told you all that I was getting into ML because I could not shoot my bow as I have a bad shoulder. Now that the snow has melted and the conditions are right for shooting my Gp Ml, I found out the other day that the shoulder will need a complete replacement. I have no cushing between ball and socket.So what do I do, wait until after hunting season in the fall, or get it over with now? the recruperation time is six weeks in a sling, and than lots of physical therapy. Which leads to the question will I be able to shoot and hunt in the fall if I have it done now? The second question is if I don't have it done now It is so sore at times that will I be able to shoot anyway? Have any of you had this procedure done? I rely on your expert advice on Ml questions that I decited to ask you all for an opinion.
Of course the better half has a little say in this too, but she is really letting me make the call. I respect all your opinions. DCH
Buy a left handed gun and learn to shoot left handed, for this year. You can buy an air rifle andget a lot of handling practice. Shoot real light loads, like 60g and don't take shots over 75 yards. Best wishes with the shoulder, sounds like it would be wise to get it done now and not hinder hunting in 2009 and beyond. Chap Gleason