HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too much shooting?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Too much shooting?

There actually is a point where you can shoot too much, you just can't put a number on it is all. You have to shoot within your comfort zone, if 50 arrows is it then that is it.

What you don't want to do is over shoot and get tired and frustrated. Many people make this mistake, they start shooting bad and get frustrated. However they keep shooting hoping they will get better, or they don't want to stop on a bad group or something. I used to be really guilty of this. The best thing to do is if you start shooting bad and are tired or are having problems just put the bow down for a while and walk away or stop for the day. You will often find that when you come back later you will shoot better. Shooting less arrows at a time helps as well. Instead of shooting 5 arrows at a time and going to get them, shoot three instead. And rest a little bit between shots. This helps you stay more relaxed and focused.

I used to shoot that much because I could just walk out my back door and shoot anytime I wanted, stop for a little while and then go back out if I wanted. And I worked my way up to it. Now that I live where I can't shoot I don't shoot nearly as much.

Paul