HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cva mag bolt 150
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 09:33 PM
rayferd t justice

Default RE: Cva mag bolt 150

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
shooter Dan.have you taking any deer with the powerbelt yet. mix reviews on stopping power at close range with the powerbelts seem to just punch a hole threw at close range.i myself have not tried them on deer yet.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Wolf, I have taken 3 deer with the power belt
295 grn. copper clad hollow point, one doe adout 80 lbs. at 10 steps,shot her in the white spot on her neck,almost took her head off. Shot another doe about the same size at about 65-70 yds hit high in the back blowed up about 5-6 inches of back bone. Shot a cow sized doe at about 80 yds. from a tree stand
went in high on the left side in front of the shoulder,found the bullet in the hind quarter on the right side, all three deer dropped in thier tracks.I am pleased with the terminal performance of the bullet just wish they made them in a 200-220 grn. for more range.Have gun set dead on at 100 yds.missed two nice bucks this year.both some where around 130-150yds.