HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - choke tube question
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 AM
tschaef
Nontypical Buck

Default choke tube question

I'm getting ready for turkey and just wasn't too happy after patterning with 3" #4s last weekend; I've decided to buy a turkey choke. Heres the problem, my shotgun is kinda uncommon and I can't find any turkey chokes that list my gun as compatible, its a Mossberg 3000.

I called Mossberg and they gave me a number to call, the fellow I spoke to there says my gun is really a S&W but that any choke tube that will work for the Mossberg 500 will work in my gun. Off I go to Basspro with one of my chokes in hand, I find a choke listed for the 500 and hold it up beside my choke only to find the threads don't really match; that is the threads appear to be the same, but the small unthreaded portion at the very beginning is longer on the choke for the 500.

I look around and find a choke thats an identical configuration to my multi-choke, to the naked eye they are the same.

So, do I put all my faith in the advice of some guy that is supposed to know what hes talking about, or go with common sense and try the one that (to the naked eye) is identical to what came with my gun ??????????????????