HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Minerals?
Thread: Minerals?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Ben / PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minerals?

Mr. James, I have used Antler KingsTrophy Deer Mineral before. I bought both that and the Hi Protein Big Buck Bloack at the same time. They liked the block better. I did some shopping around before I did this and Antler King's block has one of the highest protein percentages of the block type minerals. And as they work it over, as long as you have raked the spot out prior to placing it, it will become sort of a little pit. It's great for camera photos. I was averaging 150 to 200 pics a week on each location. Looking for a cheaper alternative, there is a comparatively sized block that they sell at Tractor Supply.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_48725_______14602%7C146 20%7C14621%7C48725?listingPage=true
It is much more reasonably priced and has almost the exact protein content. I use them year round, outside of hunting season. Its most important in the spring and summer for the fawning, winter recovery and antler growing season. Good luck.