HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 22-250 range?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 22-250 range?

i own the same rifle.

max range?? alot farther than most people can shoot! lol..like HEAD said, the 1-14 twist likes short, light bullets...which means wind becomes a bigger factor which makes those real long shots harder...ive shot groundhogs with mine out to 350yds...i dont get much shooting past that, but know if i do my part, the rifle will do its.

your not going to believe me, but i fired several sub-moa groups with the UMC 40rd value pack ammo! no joke...100yds i could cover the 5shot groups with a dime...50gr hollow point ammo...dummie me, i found that out AFTER i had 3 boxes of federal 55gr ballistic tips in the mail...i was waiting on them to come in and they got shipped later than they should have..so i bought the umc stuff just to get me by...hit the range..sighted them in and was amazed...

the 55gr ballistic tips shoot well...but groups are slightly larger...did seem alot more consistant than the UMC ammo though. i want to try some REAL light ballistic tips when i run out of the 55gr ammo i have still...

mine is a great shooting rifle...41 hogs last summer and 1 so far this year...

everything is still factory...even the trigger...trigger aint bad..just stiff. put a harris bipod on it and a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40AOT on it...i love it....