HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow making a "slapping" noise...***Update***
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Finch

Default Bow making a "slapping" noise...***Update***

My bow is making a slapping noise and I can't figure out where or what is causing it. It was extremely quiet during deer season but a couple things have changed since then. I've replaced the strings and cables and upgraded from a MZE to a limbdriver. I believe I've checked every possible thing to located the problem. I moved my string suppressor out the way and no change. I have 2 pieces of moleskin on the riser in case the rest hits but it doesn't. I undid the string on the Limb driver so it acted as a fixed position rest and no change. I moved the limb dampers to different locations and nothing. I turned the limbs to different poundages and nothing. I've had cat whiskers on there but that didn't really help.

Any ideas fellas??? It really wasn't that noticeable until I was in my blind practicing this evening.

***UPDATE***

I decided to break my whole bow down this morning. Yeah, call me crazy with 3 days until turkey season but I was confident I could get it back exactly the way it was. Anyway, I greased the limb pockets and everything. Put the bow back together and went to test it out. I still get that slapping noise. I'm going to try some more cat whiskers to see if they do the trick.

BTW, right after I put the bow back together it was still shooting bullet holes and my sights were still on as well.