HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hevi-Shot...really that amazing???
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
hillbilly archer
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hevi-Shot...really that amazing???

Has anyone tried the Remington wingmaster HD loads for turkey? I got some of these on clearance for $17.00 a box with a $15.00 rebate. I have 3" #6 1 3/8 ounce loads doing 1450 fps. I think this should work just as good as the Hevi Shot but I wanted to get some opinions.
Man, I hate to tell ya this, those are not the turkey loads, the remington website list them @ 1 3/8 oz. shot and the Wingmaster HD Turkey @1 5/8oz. shot. I did the exact same thing, they had them right in the middle of the turkey loads and I didn't even notice that they were only 1 3/8 oz . I patterned them @ 40 yards with several other #4 and #5 loads Federal, remington, Winchester, and they had the worst pattern of all of them. The gun is a 870, 28 inch barrel, kicks .665 choke. They will kill a turkey for sure,but I'm sure the actual HD Turkey loads would work much better.

But you might as well try them, they may shoot very good out of your gun and I hope they do.

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/shotshell/wingmaster_HD.asp

Looks like the difference is the HD Turkey loads 3" #6 are slower and 1 5/8 oz. shot versus 1 3/8 oz.