HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sight lens
Thread: Sight lens
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sight lens

Actually the lens I got from Feather Vision was for my Boss Scope but Feather Vision can make a lens for the Viper sights.

Hi guys. I have Viper h1000 sight on my Ally. I was wondering if anyone has one and if so do you have a lens in it.
I don't have the 1000 but I do have several Viper Predator Pro MT's and the 2000. I also have a lens directly from Viper which fits the whole line and comes with the rubber seal and screw in adapter for the Viper line.

For that matter, what are the advantages or disadvantages of putting a lens in any sight. Do they really help that much? Thanks

Really other than the rules in ASA, IBO or local clubs, there is little disadvantages to the lens. Some that come to mind is glare, possible rain issues and they do blur the target some. A clearifier lens is usually necessary to clear up what the lens maginfies. Also, whan adding a lens on the target side of your pins like the Viper scope, it changes point of impact therefore you will need to resight with the lens and then resight if you take the lens out. Adding a lens between the pins and your peep does not change the point of impact taking it on or off.

Advantages, maginifies your target.