HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions
Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Rory/MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

ORIGINAL: turkey harvester

Yes everyone wants the ar to come to misssouri. Are they going to let us shoot more does? They are going to tell us we can't shoot small bucks. The really nice bucks are a good thing, the only problem is they haven't made a recipe for horns yet. Most people who hunt big mature bucks are mainly hunting for the head, not everyone, but most. How is the conservation going to enforce the AR. With the tel-check nobody knows who kills what. People are still going to take small bucks bottom line. Hunting is hunting, most of the people in southeast Mo hunt for food. Big bucks taste like sh*t. Little deer taste better,bottom line. If a person wants a big buck good for them, but to tell everyone who pays for hunting license,tags,gear and gas that they can only shoot what the conservation and the trophy hunters want is a bunch of crap. What are they going to regulate next? Big bucks are everywhere,if you can't find them get a little farther from your truck. Iv'e hunted in Mo all my life, killed really nice bucks and I hunt public land, but if we let the government regulate our hunting rights and TELL us what we can or can't shoot it will be a never ending process. If people like the hunting in Ill and Iowa then go there and kill their bucks.
i hunt butler and stoddard counties a lot every year, and youre right, most of the people we know down there, shoot whatever walks by, if it was the law or not, they would still do it. which they should be able to

and the second thing i bolded, i completely agree with.

and my family gets on plenty of good bucks every year, if people actually knew what they were doing, theyd be able to also, without the government having to practice QDM FOR THEM.