HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ID this scope mount please?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ID this scope mount please?

Leupold, That makes sence to me. Bet they were bought at Williams and off the rack not by a sales person as they seem to push the Williams mounts when I ask them.
Funny story, about Cabelas sales help. My wife got me my Remington 700 ss ML for Christmas. We went to the daughters in Minnesotafor the week between Christmas and New years . I asked the son in law if he wanted to go to Cabelas in Albert Lea as I wanted to buy a scope and mounts for the new ML.
We got there, I was in aw as I had never been in a Cabelas store before. Found the area with scopes looked at a lot and decided I wantewr the Bushnell Trophy in silver. Asked about mounts and the guy asked what make &model rifle I wanted them for. I said a Remington 700 ML. He said I had to go to the black powder area for that rifle. They in turn looked at me like I was some kind of nut case. They told me that all the mounts were sold in the scope area. I went back there and the same person said mounts for any black powder rifle was indeed sold in the Muzzle Loading area.
I just bough the scope as I didn't care for the run around I got from them.
I got the mounts from Williams as soon as I got home. No fuss No muss.
The guy at the Rodgers Minnesota store a few years latter Knew just what I wanted when I asked about the 209 kit for it.

Thanks for ID.
Al