HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Experts Choose Best 10x42 Optic!!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 PM
elknut1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Experts Choose Best 10x42 Optic!!

Yes, you are correct, the test was for mid-range Optics that the blue collar worker could afford, which happens to be the vast majority of hunters! Their prices varied depending on where you purchased them, 350.00-1000.00 The Vipers are a 500.00 set.
Now the Razors on the other hand will rival any Optics out there for the hunter. I'm sure if one were to stretch it he could find some bulky unreal military stuff that would exceed ones expectations & costs not to mention wt. The fact the Vortex Vipers won basicly is showing hunters they can trust the line of quality not only in the vipers but the entire line!
I've read the whole report, there were none excluded from this, it included every one imaginable including Brunton, Nikon, Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, etc.

For the record though, I did compare the Vipers 10x42 against the Swarovski EL & the Leicas finest. It lacked in the brightness & the clarity by a little & I mean a very little, it took going from one to the other many times before it was noticed at all, they're that close, but the price is a 1500.00 difference, so one would expect that!! The Razors are a step up, as well as in price & compete with them with no problem!

ElkNut1