HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scare of my life!! Must read
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 11:43 PM
bigdawgwill44

Default Scare of my life!! Must read

So i'm out scouting tonight for elk bow season (bored needed something to do) and i had the scare of a liftetime. I was with a buddy, had walked down a 2 mile, very old dirt logging road that was very very steep in heavy timbered area in Oregon. Once we started to head back up the hill, it was getting dark and next thing you know it was pitch black. Not a big deal but we knew we had a long and steep uphill climb in the black of night (of course forgot out flashlights). So as we are climbing the hill, i keep sensing something is just behind me, to the side of me in the tree line. I keep telling myself it's nothing but then i stop when i hear what seemed to be a branch snapping. Me and my buddy look to the area we heard the noise and just listened...nothing.. we began to walk again, heard something again, we stopped.. nothing.. at this point i'm starting to freak out, then we start walking backwards looking at the area of the noise and my buddy goes "what the DELETED is that!?" i didnt see it so i asked him what it was and he said he saw a pair of yellowish green eyes looking at us. so i am completely DELETED myself, still walking backwards, then the moment that will scar me for life.. A gigantic cat scream!! It was a damn cougar following us in the black of night. we both started running, i whip out my ruger .357 and start unloading in the area, just shooting into the black of night while still running. the sad thing was we were only halfway up that hill and i have never been so out of breath in my life running up that damn hill like a scared little girl, lol. But let me tell you, that cat scream shook me to my core, the hair on my neck is standing up from me just telling this story! If you have never heard a big cat scream up close, it cannot be described.. Ya i might have trouble going to sleep tonight.