HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did I screw up?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 02:35 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did I screw up?

I look at it like this... from a user standpoint.... its no loss... its old technology and you can buy them on ebay dirt cheap all day long.

From an investment standpoint... I'd have to say that you might have screwed up... of course its too early to tell. But I will say that I learned in the firearms business that there is an ass for every seat.... and sometimes you just gotta find the right idiot. Think about what plain jane Winchester 94's in 30-30 were going for in February/March of 2006 right after the Winchester plant closed down? Guns that sold new for $400 were suddenly commanding $800-900 and people were buying them as fast as they could write checks. Who would have thought that the plastic toys of Luke Skywalker and X-Wing fighters (to keep with the sudden star wars theme on HNI) we got in our happy meals as kids would sell in original package for often as much as a top of the line top name bow with all the trimmings?

As it was put already... if you want to invest in a bow, the Greyling made Fred Bear recurves are a much better investment, and to me, a much bigger part of archery history. I'd love to have one of his early bows backed with aluminum from the B-17 bombers... thats just cool.