HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Canadian Whitetails
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Saskabush
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Congrats Hia! welcome to the club. I sure you'll love the Tundra. I actually found out the other day that we're going to be replacing our fleet vehicles at work with Toyotas. We should be getting a Tundra or two in time for the summer.

Skeet, interesting news from SERM indeed. I'd heard they were thinking about an "earn a buck" system. It'll be interesting to hear more on that and the sunday hunting for sure. X2 on them half -ass*ng it. What's the snow like in them there parts? I heard you got some more today?

Rocky, I'll send you that pm tommorow. I haven't forgot.

After 6 outtings without a shed i finally found a little field that hadn't been completely stripped by the snowmobilers. The melt has been happening at a snail's pace this year so any spots worth checking were picked over weeks ago and won't produce much until we lose a foot or so of snow. I decided to walk off some easter turkey today and was pleasantly suprised when my wife asked to come with me. We got to a field of bales that I had glassed a few times and started picking our way towards the ones that had been damaged by the local mulies. We hadn't gone too far when I spotted a tine sticking out of a haypile that was once a bale. As we got closer I backed off a yards to get some pictures (forgot to take the telephoto off the camera before we left ops: )

as I knelt down in the hay to snap the picture above I d*mn near skewered myself with the match.

while I whined about nearly impaling myself, my wife kicked up her first shed ever from the hay about three feet away.

Here's the matched set.

In the end, it was a great afternoon. The dog and I each found one more for a total of 5 between the three of us.