HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Canadian Whitetails
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Dan good to hear from you bud. Best of luck on getting the job.Congrats on the new truck!!!

Have you heard any of the rumors floating around about the archery season next year??? If true Archery hunters will be p'd at SERM. They are talking about trimming back the archery only seasons by a fair margin, stated reason not effective management tool!! Numbers i have heard are deer to be reduce by 11 days (no specifics), moose archery to be shared with draw ML Mooseand here's the biggie archery elkreduce to as low as3 days!!! Ihave heard SERM is looking at adding a ML general ELK season in our zones. This one has been mulled around before and never came to pass soI highly doubt it but who knows. I also heard they were thinking about seperate whitetail tags for each weapon class ie: archery only tag, ML only tag and rifle only tag vs a general tag. Again just rumors at this point but apparently the talk at wildlife advisory board meetings this year.

I also justheard this weekSERMissupposedlythinking aboutan earn a tag program around s'toon due to the high amount ofwildlife damage claims and SGI wildlife claims. How the programis towork: buy2 anterless tags (either species: wt or mule) and upon turning over the 2 heads/seal get a either sex tag good for either a whitetail or mulie. Supposedly if a hunter is denied access to posted land in these target zones that landowner will not be eligible to claim wildlife damages next year.... The zones in question/mentioned are south of the city (22 &30 - including the Camp Dundurn).

Quite therumor mill going on this year. The 08 regs should be posted within the next month on the SERM site for the draw..so we'll have to wait and see.