HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

To quote TFOX:
It is just this video is a pure joke,plain and simple.Those are clearly the results of a poorly done test by people that are clueless to how to properly tune a bow.

This is what I was hoping to read when reviewing this thread. The test, as far as I perceive it, is flawed in at least three ways and probably more.

Just this week I proved to customersthat a properly tuned bow,arrow, and archer(s)can shoot fixed broadheads(we used the one that was the worst case in the video test)and fieldtips together and we were doing it at 30 yards; and, we didn't need a machine to do it. When using any machine. always remember - 'garbage in' yields 'garbage out' and field tip shooting/tuning, unless carefully structured, can yield consistent errors which cause disparities in broadhead shooting.

While human error can neverachieve the exacting results of properly setup machines, good consistency can be achieved as long as extensive test criteria is followed with the bow, the arrow, and the archer. When I say "goodconsistency", I mean much better than what is shown in that video.

Happy Easter and good shooting.