HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Kyler

Default RE: Baiting Ban lifted in WI

I' m all about a full out ban on baiting. I saw more deer last year than ever before. I put some serious hours on the stand the past several years. In the past years, I haven' t seen near the number of does due to a neighbor who does a lot of baiting on a very dense property. We would see a lot of young bucks and we would start to think that our ratios were getting good. But when the guns started blazing we had does all over. I' m sure some were displaced from other properties but it just went to show me how many were holed up on this property. Our food plots which take a lot more work finally paid off with a shooter buck that was chasing a doe. The feeling of satisfaction when my snot-drippin' nephew arrowed a nice 8 pt off one of the plots will live with us all forever. He should score right around 125. I should note, he is 20 years old and this was his first buck he shot. He has probably passed up over 50 bucks with bow and gun over the years. Great restraint for a young hunter who is happy to shoot a doe for the meat.