HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK, what would pro shop owners/employees like from
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK, what would pro shop owners/employees like from

ORIGINAL: shawneeslinger

OK. Here's where I stir everybody up, not intentionally, its just my experience. But at what point does a buisiness owner/shop owner/employee really get to have expectations of a customer. My family, up until about 6 years ago owned the longest running family owned grocery store in the whole state of IL. We didn't get to put expectaions on our customers. OK, one, "if you walk out the door with it, we expect you to pay for it." That's about it. If you want to make money, nine times out of ten, youput up with all sorts of garbage. Just the nature of the beast. I was there for the consumer and not the other way around. Period.

Times have changed a little since then. I went to JC Penny's a while back to get a new suit. I couldn't even find someone to help. I guess they expected me to take the initiative in spending $500 bucks at their store. I went to another store, bought a suit and came back and proudly displayed it to the Penny's manager. I get the same treatment at Paducah'sGander Mountain and Local sporting good's stores. Pathetically Poor Service. Therefore I spend no money there.

If a shop wants my money, they'll need to get it the same way I do. Earn it.
I totally see where you are comning from. But what I wrote is just some of the stuff that gets my goat. And I do tolerate people being on the cell phones while I stand there with their bow in my hands waiting for them. You'd never even knew I cared. I don't let things get to me at work. I'm a whole different person there, its business. You are right, I will put up with a lot of stuff from customers. My post is just about what would be really really nice, and also relating to other folks who have similar jobs as me in other places/shops, some of the funny/ironic/idiotic things we have seen people do.