HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HF Hunting...."Real-World"
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:53 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: HF Hunting...."Real-World"

I raise about 150 Pheasent every year. I release a pile and sell a bunch. But I also take about 40-50 and release them in a big CRP field and take a bunch of disables Vets out hunting. I have a 6 chair rack that I pull with my neighbors Rhino. My Shorthair runs in front pointing them out, she locks up on a bird I stop. The DAV members grab their guns and stand if they can. I flush the bird they shoot. We get some and miss most. Some of these men were the proudest hunters as short as 10 years ago. They just cant do it any more! Do youlook down uponthese men for this type of hunt? I personally wouldnt go on a fenced hunt, but if my late Grandpa wanted to I would have drove him there proud as a Peacock! Poeple have their reasons.
I don't look down on anyone, either. Never said anything close to that.

And I've been to preserves and shot pen raised Pheasants. 2 things.....1. I view a deer MUCH differently than I do a pheasant. I just DO. 2. That bird may not be smart.....but if I miss him (assuming the dogs find him)....he is gone....maybe forever....maybe not. He is also (whether he knows it or not) free to fly ANYWHERE he wants. The deer aren't afforded that luxury or chance.

Just my POV.