HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - baiting response
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 AM
bryant1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: baiting response

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Don't even get me started on dog hunting....We can't keep the dang things off our property...I told the warden one day "So I own a million dollars worth of property and any little snot nosed dog hunter can come by and drop his dogs off on the road by my farm and there isn't a damn thing I can do"...

Only one way to legally stop or curtail the dog hunters, kill every deer that they run by you so they will pick up their dogs and move to another property, they hate it when someone kills a deer in front of their dogs...

I had a group of hunters drive over 200 miles one morning for an afternoon hunt, got them all set up and 45 minutes before sundown a pack of 12-15 deer hounds came chasing one little old 75 pound doe through the farm....They were livid....
Not all doghunting is conducted in this manner, especially in Florida. I own deerdogs and enjoy doghunting and we dont ever have any problems with adjacent landowners. 70,000 acres and 270 members and their immediate family and no complaints filed all year long.

Sounds like loopholes in the state laws to me or lackluster law enforcement. By Florida law, if your dog trespasses it can cost you a $500 dollar fine. Let your law enforcement write out a couple of those tickets and i bet your problem would cease to exist.