HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plots and ATV's
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:44 AM
cdrmjjohnson
Spike

Default Food Plots and ATV's

Not a specific Bow Hunting question but since I only bow hunt I'm gonna ask it here. I just acquired a piece of land that is very hilly, almost mountainous but boy oh boy does it have some nice creek bottoms, oak ridges and "holes". Problem is it's not a long run after the shot until the deer is headed down hill and quickly, the creek bottoms are about 250 feet below the cabin and road/trail system. I have decided to purchase an ATV or Utility vehicle (Rhino/Ranger/Bad Boy). I have other properties that I have access to and would like to start some food plots on them, not large ones 1/4 to 1/2 acre size. So my question is for those of you who have and use ATV/Utiility Vehicles what do you recommend such as engine size, ATV or Utility Vehicle, attachments for food plots, other accessories etc. I am leaning towards an ATV between 400-600cc range but if I can get by with a 300cc I'd like to save the money but then I really like the idea of a Rhino or similar vehicle but not sure that is the smartest thing for plot development or going up and down mountains on small semi-developed trails etc, thanks.