HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 82nd question?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 82nd question?

Shot the Ally, General, and 82nd this weekend. I'm by no means an expert on these bows, but here's my take on them.

Allegiance (shot with Speed mods): Most "continuous" draw cycle of the three. Cam rollover is less harsh when you drop into the valley on this one. Shoots very well with little hand shock. Bow balanced well in my hands.

82nd: SCREAMING fast. Remarkably quiet for a bow putting out 330fps, and very little hand shock. Draw cycle on this one wasn't as continous as the ally, and I was dumped in to the valley a little more rough...but I'm not used to shooting aggressive cams, and I'm sure I would get used to it (watching Rob shoot it, he didn't have the rough "jerk" reaction when the cams rolled over).

General: Very smooth, and quiet. Liked this bow, but honestly in the little bit I shot the three, it was probably tied with the Ally, and the 82nd being my favorite. I'm a young guy, so "aggressive draw cycles don't bother me. I believe aggressiveness is all relative anyways. Certain shooters percieve certain bows to be rougher and harder to draw than others. For me, the 82nd had it all, and the draw cycle was very tolerable. At this point in time, it would be my go to choice.