Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

82nd question?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Default 82nd question?

Looking at the General and 82nd, like the speed of the 82nd, but like the smoothness of the General.

Would a good union of these two design traits be a 82nd with smooth mods?

If not, how do the Guardian and Allegiance stack up to these two bows? (will try to get out to shoot them, but probably will get to shoot only one of them, which way to go)

If there is a compromise in the Bowtech line between these two bows (General vs 82nd)would be nice to know. And I have really haven't like the Diamond brand bows I have tried.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 82nd question?

If I were advising someone who wanted to buy one bow and shoot it for everything......I'd tell them to buy the allegiance.

I've owned about all you mentioned.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 AM

as long as everything is pretty much exclusive to sitting in a tree stand? (and flinging arrows in the backyard, hopefully not into the shed)
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

The General and the 82nd are designed for 2 entirely different purposes. I have the Guardian, Allegiance, 101, 82, & the General. I like the Guardian as the best all around bow, and the 101 and Allegiance right behind.

Dan
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The General and the 82nd are designed for 2 entirely different purposes.
What were these two bows designed for? Not trying to be flip, but genuinely curious......

As a side question, to the guys that own multiple versions of the brand, if you had to choose one, which way would you go if it was the only bow you had for hunting, and why that particular set up? brace height, speed, ata length, draw cycle, liked the way it smelled, etc........
Old 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 82nd was designed as a speed bow. The General is a short A to A bow with a very forgiving brace height and a shot that takes lack of noise and hand shock to new lows. Kind of the 2 extremes of the line to me. I think the Guardian, 101, & Allegiance are all some where in between. Those are my favorites.

Dan
Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Where does the Tribute fall in there? Local dealer has one left over from last year.....looked intersesting, but there was a league shooting when I was there, so the range was a bit crowded....
Old 03-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shorter A to A and a little slower than the Allegiance, slightly less hand shock also IMO. I liked the Allegiance better, just preferred the extra A to A. There are a lot of guys that Loved the Tribute the best though. It was a very nice bow.

Dan
Old 03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with everything MeanV has typed here. An all around perfect bow is an Allegiance for the average to above average shooter. I however am driving tacks with my 82nd and it's quieter and so much faster with less hand shock than my Allegiance.

The 82nd is a speed bow without a doubt, at 62 lbs I'm getting nearly 30 fps faster than my Ally set at 70lbs. It comes with a little more roll over at the end of the draw cycle but it's nothing I'm not used to nor can't handle.

If I were to own one and only one Bowtech, the Ally would fit everything one could need for an average to above average shooter. It for however has taken a back seat to my 82nd, it's shooting incredibly well.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If I were to own one and only one Bowtech, the Ally would fit everything one could need for an average to above average shooter. It for however has taken a back seat to my 82nd, it's shooting incredibly well.
So, if I am reading this right, the 82nd is a little bit more of a intermediate to advanced bow with the shorter brace height and extra speed (which would magnify any small error on the shooters end?)

And how does the ally shoot after you put on a string suppressor like an STS or meanV on it?

And to the gentleman (ladies?) responding to this post, (and all other posts that I have had questions on) I really appreciate the input. It helps round out the stuff I have read and figure out the proper terminology to what to call stuff while shooting the bows valleys, hand shock, jump, etc...... had experienced it all but never knew what to call it......

Quick Reply: 82nd question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.