HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk in Saskatuan
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elk in Saskatuan

ORIGINAL: caza

is it possible to hunt non- res in saskatchewan withoutan outfitter, and if so what would the quality of the experence be.
For an american resident a guide is required for big game(whitetail, Black bear and moose). In regards to elk only Sask. residents can hunt them at present. As far as the quality of experienceif one could, it would depend on the set up. I know elk hunters who shoot their bull every year without to much effort, places where the elk live in big blocks of bush or even the forest that borders argicultural lands that have very limited access...basically they wait for the elk to come to them. On the other hand the majority of elk hunters here aren't as fortunate and must rely on either luck or ability to find/locate and call. I'm in this bracket and find elk hunting the highlight of my fall quests. I have been fortunate enough to take 7 elk in as many years and been on over dozen where I was a caller, never firing a shot. I like calling them more then I like shooting them..really.