HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new jersey crossbow season
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

Wow nothing like bashing, and more bashing. Sproulman is entitled to his opinion. I haven't read anything he's written that warrants giving the guy a bunch of grief. This is exactly the crap the anti's like to read. All I think Sproulman is saying is that basically he's had a favorite spot on public lands, and now out of state hunters are coming in, and telling him he's not to be hunting there. No place did I read he's told them they can't hunt there. He's wrote, these out of state hunters have left him nasty notes, and verbally told him its their spot. On public land there is no such thing as anyones spot. But anyone that uses public land obviously has favorite spots.
Were all hunters here, and I don't care who you are. Nobody likes to run into another hunter using a spot you like to hunt, and have for many many yrs. on public land. I personally don't when I've planned to hunt a spot, and find somebody else there, it blows. But its also part of it, so I end up going elsewhere is all.
Far as crossbows, I believe Sproulmans point is the hunting has become hard enough in his woods, and seeing less deer. So he doesn't see how bringing in more hunters with a different weapon is going to help the situation when it comes to getting a deer. Lack of deer, and A.R.'s in PA has been a hot topic all along. He also has a point that obviously the more hunters, and more pressure you place on deer, the harder they are to hunt with archery equipment. Archery hunters mostly rely on natural patterns, trying to figure deer out. Archery hunting as never been about setting up where you think other hunters will move them too. Thats a gun tactic. To me archery has always been about figuring deer out under their more natural movements, feeding, scraping, chasing, rut. If deer are pushed to become nocturnal by a woods swarmed with hunters, archery will be nearly impossible, and force hunters to use typical gun hunting tactics. To me then archerywould no longer be enjoyable. [:@]
very well said,could not add anything to your comments.