HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats the average weight of bucks in your area?
Old 03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
bigzombee69
Fork Horn

Default Whats the average weight of bucks in your area?

In early October I missed the heaviest, biggest rack, buck of my life at 30 yds. I guessed the yardage wrong. He was standing broad side at 30 but he looked to be right at20 yds just by his size. I shot right under him, leaving a few gray hairs on my shuttle T 125.

Come to find out this buck has been on this farm for 6 years and 1 other hunter this year misjudged him at 39 and he was actually at 53yds. I have killed well over a hundred deer in my life so far and I have never seen a buck this big in my 30yrs. For the state of Maryland to have a buck hit 300lbs is big, but this buck is huge. I put him at 400-425lbs. I would say his rack is 135 to 140 but its hard to tell by his body size. My buddys son was hunting one day and that big guy came out about 200yds away, all he could say was it was like watching a sumo wrestler entering the ring. You no its big when his body is a foot longer than any other bucks and a foot wider.

Is there a record on the heaviest buck in the world? I'm sure it was from way up north or somewhere like Kansas or something.