HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?
Old 03-27-2003, 01:07 AM
ShadowAce

Default RE: how many shots have you goten at 1 deer?

OK heres the story; Years ago, I had just hit the ground after being in the stand all morning, when 3 does came running in, apparently respondind to the fawn distress call I had blown only moments before climbing down. I am standing on a wooded hillside of about a 30 degree angle, in full camo. Two of the deer ran past me but one of them stopped uphill in front of me. I estimated the range at 20yds and shot. Missed low. The doe then started walking uphill when I released the 2nd arrow; missed low. The deer again walked up the hill and I missed low. This happened one more time before I ran out of shots. The bottom line is this; The deer kept moving up hill and my mis- judgement of the distance was proportional to the path the deer was taking, resulting in all my shots being low between it' s legs. 4 shots in all. I have learned my lesson since then.

PS- The bow I was using was a Bear Whitetail II, so don' t brag about multiple shots being possible because your particular bow brand is quiet. That bow was a tuba. Some times the deer just don' t care.