HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gun Sling
Thread: Gun Sling
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:08 PM
AMB4311

Default Gun Sling

Very simple question. I'm 15 and going to start gun hunting this fall and I'm getting a shotgun, and I was wondering about using a sling as a support. I will be in a treestand, so theres a good chance that I will be shooting off-hand. I understand there are 2 types of slings. The basic one that can be wrapped around your arm just as it is and the one that you take off and put on your bicep. I was thinking the second one, the most accurate of the 2, would work best becuase it would be least in the way. When the deer is coming I don't want to have to wrap my arm in the sling and if I'm sitting there like that waiting it could get uncomfortable. It seems that if I attack the sling to my arm then I will be in good shape to just rest my gun on my lap and have more mobility. For starters I want to know if any of you guys use slings and which would be best for me.

Main points are I am shooting off-hand and will have time to set up. I can only be shooting around 125 yards with the shotgun. I'm not going to go any farther than that.

Thanks for any help.