HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Left eye dominant
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 AM
buckclub
Fork Horn

Default RE: Left eye dominant

I am a right handed. After hunting for several years I experienced a righteye injury that left me with a small blind black spot just bigenough to cause me not to be able to see my sights.. This is after I had several righty guns and a bow. However, this wasn't going to deter me, now I shoot left handed with great success (except those red fox[&:]). I even shoot my righty bow left handed with out any string slap (compound). However, I don't have a quiver on my bow. When hunting dangerous game it is imparitive to have the bolt (action)on which ever side your eye is dominant as it is not possible to keep the scope on a charging animal and reload with the same speed as a proper eye fitted gun. It takes some getting used to, but it can be done. However some guns are harder, like my browning humpback A-5, on follow up shots on ducks and geese I would find the recoil would at times force my finger to hit the saftey back on- leaving me pulling the trigger with nothing happening.. have to get a new gun before next year, or perhaps it is possible to reverse the saftey on this gun??