HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oneida Screaming Eagle
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 10:14 PM
vERN
Spike

Default RE: Oneida Screaming Eagle

I used to shoot an Oneida H250 and sold a few Screaming Eagles. They were a little noisy & had to use every trick in the book to quiet them. Used moleskin on the tips under the string, as well as the brush buttons that recurve bow shooters use, plus cat whiskers, plus I would tape off the small idler wheels in the pylons and then fill them with " Great Stuff" or use foam stick-on weatherstripping. Those hollow pylons were part of the problem I believe. The oneidas were probably the smoothest shooting bow with great speed for the day. Other bows could match the speed, but not the smoothness, or else they were smooth but not fast. Onieda came out next with a bow that had less curve on the limb tips, and they were much quieter. However they lost about 6 FPS and they went back to using the more curved tips. I have customers that are still using their Screaming Eagles and won' t part with them - darn, would like to sell them a new bow. The biggest complaint was that they were too long & heavy and you had to really watch tip clearance in tree stands. They worked on shorter/lighter models but had some quality control problems with former owners. I have not been handling these bows lately, but believe the new owners reconized the problem and dealt with it.