Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oneida Screaming Eagle >

Oneida Screaming Eagle

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Screaming Eagle

Old 03-17-2003, 07:30 AM

Default Oneida Screaming Eagle

Does anybody have any Info on this bow? Thanx
Old 03-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Oneida Screaming Eagle

I take it you are talking about the exact name of a former Oneida bow, and not just Oneida bows in general. I owned, shot and hunted with an Oneida Screaming Eagle years ago. It was fast and shot well for that time but........it was the loudest bow I have ever shot! Since that time I have owned a Strike Eagle and the Lite Force Magnum. I might add the Lite Force Magnum was one of the smoothest, more forgiving hunting bows I had ever owned.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:24 AM

is there any way to quiet it down?
Old 03-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Spike

I used to shoot an Oneida H250 and sold a few Screaming Eagles. They were a little noisy & had to use every trick in the book to quiet them. Used moleskin on the tips under the string, as well as the brush buttons that recurve bow shooters use, plus cat whiskers, plus I would tape off the small idler wheels in the pylons and then fill them with " Great Stuff" or use foam stick-on weatherstripping. Those hollow pylons were part of the problem I believe. The oneidas were probably the smoothest shooting bow with great speed for the day. Other bows could match the speed, but not the smoothness, or else they were smooth but not fast. Onieda came out next with a bow that had less curve on the limb tips, and they were much quieter. However they lost about 6 FPS and they went back to using the more curved tips. I have customers that are still using their Screaming Eagles and won' t part with them - darn, would like to sell them a new bow. The biggest complaint was that they were too long & heavy and you had to really watch tip clearance in tree stands. They worked on shorter/lighter models but had some quality control problems with former owners. I have not been handling these bows lately, but believe the new owners reconized the problem and dealt with it.