HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - boy some bow hunters just make me sick
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Minnesota needs to get rid of party hunting to see more bucks. Party hunting is a joke !! How many hunters are whacking numerous buck that would have made it otherwise.

ND has rifle season during rut and we are seeing more mature bucks. ND has a limit on how many bucks can be shot though. In order to get more mature bucks... limits need to be set on buck tags given out!! Seems so simple but the same guys complain about not seeing "big " bucks would cry if they had to go with out a buck tag once in a while. We are our own worst enemy.

Each state is different with differenthunting seasons going on. Germs idea of an early doe season for rifle would not work here. What works for one doesn't work for all. While the DNR needs the all mighty dollar... if you think that is the basis forhow they go aboutmanaging deer, geez get a clue.

Bottom line...The DNR has to firstmanage the hunters so they can manage the deer population. They need the rifles to get it done.

One other thing. The guys that think Iowa, Illinios and etc are so great. Ask joe public how easy it is to get access to hunt their big bucks. Hell of a lot good it does to become a big buck state if you can't get access to where the big bucks are. That what I hope for here... wall to wall guiding outfits, outragous lease prices and hunting over crowded public land. Becareful for what you wish for.

Tim