HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Renegade Question.
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Renegade Question.

All my Renegades are double trigger models. It is the only model I will own. Not because I have anything against the single trigger. I look down the road at parts and the ability to change things around. The Renegade Hunter which has the single trigger can be converted but it is a lot of work. From what another person told me, so remember this is second hand, you have to change over the trigger, trigger guard, and there is a little fitting that needs to be done in the stock itself. Personally I do not think it is worth the effort. The single triggers on most of the Renegades are excellent and break very clean. The only advantage of the double trigger is when you have set shots and range work. Even then you have to be careful with them. I know of two cases where the double set trigger caused a miss when hunting. The people were over excited, hit the set triggers and then did not pay attention to their fingers inside the trigger guard. It resulted in firing off before they were on target.

I use a lot of single triggers on rifles and find them just as accurate. If you really want to change it over, contact Thompson Center. Ask them what is involved. It might surprise you. Or purchase another Renegade with double triggers and have the best of both worlds.