Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Renegade Question. >

Renegade Question.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Renegade Question.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Renegade Question.

Hey, Can a person who has a single triggered factory renegade, install a double trigger and guard on the same stock, and another questionI have, I noticed TC white mountain has a singe trigger also., can the same thing be done to that.
(I just think the double trigger looks kind nice) Thanks Steve
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Renegade Question.

steviebiggun

I do not have first hand information, all of my Rene's are double trigger - but it is my understanding that you can switch out trigger setups, but, you would also have to get the double set trigger guard.

Remember -this is not first hand infor...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh Dave - this may be one for you. Let's hear it.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless I'm mistaken the double "set" triggers & guard would work, but they would not be a "drop-in" fit. It would require a new trigger and guard be inletted into the stock.
I believe T/C does (or did) offer a replacement single trigger for the double set that is a drop-in fit.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

All my Renegades are double trigger models. It is the only model I will own. Not because I have anything against the single trigger. I look down the road at parts and the ability to change things around. The Renegade Hunter which has the single trigger can be converted but it is a lot of work. From what another person told me, so remember this is second hand, you have to change over the trigger, trigger guard, and there is a little fitting that needs to be done in the stock itself. Personally I do not think it is worth the effort. The single triggers on most of the Renegades are excellent and break very clean. The only advantage of the double trigger is when you have set shots and range work. Even then you have to be careful with them. I know of two cases where the double set trigger caused a miss when hunting. The people were over excited, hit the set triggers and then did not pay attention to their fingers inside the trigger guard. It resulted in firing off before they were on target.

I use a lot of single triggers on rifles and find them just as accurate. If you really want to change it over, contact Thompson Center. Ask them what is involved. It might surprise you. Or purchase another Renegade with double triggers and have the best of both worlds.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

I like your thinking Dave! A guy cant have too many guns!!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

My renagade hunterhas the single trigger and I personally like the single better. My buddy has the set trigger and I have fired it at the range and hunted with it and didnt like it.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I guess its a matter of taste and what you are used to,I have double set triggers on every thing I can get them on and haveput single set triggers on some of the others I believe it adds to the accuracy of a gun especally for tight groups or long rangehunting. A lot of people move the gun when they pull the trigger which will cause group or accuracy problems. Of course if you get careless they can cost you a shot. Lee
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

I like the single have a double on my St louis Hawkin Not impressed
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

I believe the double triggers are less desireable for hunting; I could see that they may be nice for target but personally would prefer a single trigger for all shooting.

I never had a Renegade but I have seen them with both triggers. I never liked those funky trigger guards either.

Quick Reply: Renegade Question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.