HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So educate me on Plat maps
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 AM
vmartin
Fork Horn

Default RE: So educate me on Plat maps

call the county court house, they will have it or they will give you the number to the office who does. i think in this county it is at the "county extension office." plat books go by the county, that is as far as they range. they almost always cost $20.00. they are pretty accurate except for people not turning in the fact that they sold their land, i have ran into that a lot but atleast the person who sold the land can usually tell you who has it. it will give you the persons name, how much land they own, if they own more land, and where, sometimes it gives the persons number but if not you can look up the phone number on the internet, it is always better to meet them face to face. i use plat books religously, that is the only way to aquire hunting land out of state and in areas you aren't aquainted with yet. i like to bring up google earth, or maps.live.com start searching for decent pieces of land with the plat book right next to the computer. when you open up the book one page will show you roads and the other page will show you land cut ups.