HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Daughter's New Toy
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default Daughter's New Toy

Well my daughter decided to move out on her own and wanted me to help her pick out something for protection/self-defense at her new residence. I suggested a 20 ga shotgun but she wanted a handgun. She went and got her CC License. I offered her my Bersa Thunder .380 but she couldn't work the slide and she didn't like the size of my Colt Trooper MK V so off to the gun shop we went. After spending a couple hours handling different handguns she settled on a Taurus Melinium 9mm. Neat little gun. We took it to the range on Sunday and gave her a course on function and shooting. After about 4 mags full of ammo she was getting pretty good even though she wasn't bad to start with. Initially she was hitting about 3" left and 6" high (probably tentative with the new pistol). But by the end of the session she was putting them in the 3" bull regularly and those that missed, didn't miss by much. I sure do pity the fool that tries a home invasion with her around.
But I did give her specific instructions that if anyone happened to invade her house at night to stay in her room, behind the bed, call 911 from her cell phone and if they enter the room to shoot for center of mass and to keep shooting until they flee or drop and remain in the room until police arrive.