HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois Rally
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 09:42 PM
HOSS
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Rally

sven I think you need to read that bill alittle closer if i understand it correctly any shot gun that holds 5 rounds or less is safe unless they can be made or fitted with a mag tube extension that makes them capable of holding more. Now how many shotguns out there can be fitted with mag. tube extentions. As far as rifles go most that exept a box type mag. including hunting rifles like rem semi-autos and pumps have 10 round mags. available. this bill is worded so it doesn' t sound to bad but if you read closely and think about exactly what it says you will see that most firearms fall under these restrictions for one reason or another. I wonder how the DNR is going to feel about me huntin turkeys with a .410.
Even if it starts here and they win this one do you think Govener Dailey is going to stop there. It will be nice to know that we will have the already spread thin law enforcment agencys to protect us from all the gangs chicago is shipping down state to bloomington and peoria. I know I' ll feel safer with out my guns