HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - henry
Thread: henry
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: henry

thanx jtb...one of the few weapons i have no expirience with at all...just wanted to make sure they werent junk guns before i bought one....

definently think it'll make the PERFECT coon hunting rifle...wish they took a clip instead of the tubular mags...not hard to load or unload...just easier to throw a loaded clip in, drop the coon and take the clip out and not worry about a loaded rifle..usually leave the fired shell in the chamber so i dont have to keep loading the tube mag in the dark, or if i have a live one in and the coon falls dead, i will unload...just dont like carrying a loaded lever gun...exspecially going through brush and taking all the falls i seem to take coon hunting...and its always slung on my back...no need to carry one loaded for coon hunting with a hound...i can make the magazine sacrafice for a small, light rifle that i can get a fresh shell in without moving the gun or light off the coon....usually 1 shot kills, but like last night, i had to take a body shot...that follow up saved the dog from getting tore up..and if i tied him back, it coulda made it to a hole(had that happen last week...waste of a good animal...had the dog tied back, dropped the coon but pulled the shot and hit the shoulder into the body..hit the ground running...hit it again but it rolled into a hole right after..me and the dog were bummed out!)