HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Week 6 talk
Thread: Week 6 talk
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 6 talk

Boy I had a tough time tonight. I only have one bow right now, and I've had it setup for 3D now for the last week or so, just last night I tore it apart to put the spots gear back on it. Part of that was dropping the poundage back down from the 60ish I've been shooting for 3D. I decided to drop the weight a full turn and a half below where I normally shoot it for indoors (because I prefer 52-55lbs for indoors, and have been shooting at 57 this year), and I didn't realize it but this extra turn and a half ended up making my DL longer in the process. I shot last night in the basement at 10 yards (450 - 42x's) and everything felt good, but when I got to the full 20 yards tonight my range of movement was WAY off. This is a perfect example of how much a small tweak in DL can affect someone, the change for me was probably 1/8" or so. After the first 15 arrows I pretty much had it figured out, but I wasn't able to shoot by pulling hard into the wall like I normally do, I had to shoot from the front of the valley. Even still my range of movement was much larger than normal (evident by my lower than normal X count) because of this DL change. The last game that 27 - 1x end was because I had one shot where shooting from the front of the valley bit me in the arse and I collapsed on the shot shooting one in the dang 7 ring, and I had a tough time mentally recovering from that for the last few ends. I had a nice 445 - 447 game going theredespite the DL problems before that end........[:@].

Anyhow, I've got the DL back to where it should be for the most part. I'm looking forward to finishing up the rest of this league strong, and will work hard every day till next week so that I can hopefully put up a season high score for myself.