HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Self Defense handgun help. -NO LEGAL ADVICE NEEDED!-
Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Self Defense handgun help.

ORIGINAL: elLOCOmutha

Thanks i'll be sure to check out the PPK. The question in my head is....

Revolver or Semi Auto?

I've read and watched alot of videos saying one is better than the other, I guess it is up to personal preference. I like the reliability of the revolver but the fast reload of the semi auto handguns.
Ha... if you are having to reload in a defensive shooting as a private citizen then you will probably go up for murder 2... if not at least manslaughter, and the scum bag's family will likely hit you and win a wrongful death. Please don't be that tool bag who carries a spare mag everyday.... I mean yeah its a free country and all... but really man think about it.

Get a revolver... 1 7/8" barrel... hammerless. Easy to conceal, easy to carry, difficult to take away from someone, plenty of punch. You can shoot it from the pocket of your coat, or the lady can shoot it from her handbag. Never jams. There is no better choice for concealed carry.

And with regards to the straw purchase.... as your first post put it... thats the FIRST thing that popped into my mind. You say that at my gun counter, and I am NOT selling you a gun. I don't care what your excuse or intentions are. Ten years in jail ain't no joke. You can buy a handgun from a private citizen, absolutely. But I will say that in the instance of a concealed weapon that you may well have to use in just that circumstance someday, I would stick with a new handgun from a federally liscensed FFL dealer, with factory loaded recommended ammunition. Keep the lawyers away. Just some food for thought.... spending another $150 now might save you $15,000 in legal fees later.