HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
deerdust
Super Moderator

Default RE: Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

I understand that when someone books a hunt with an outfitter, they expect the very best of hunts. There are many factors that come into play though, such as the unpredictability of the weather(being the biggest factor), crops, pressure on nearby farms, trespassers, etc. The guides have no control over these situations. There are going to be some folks who don't have their dream hunt. That is a given, it is hard to please everyone. I know for a fact the guides with IMB work their tails off to get their clients on game. They do food plots, pre-season scouting, scout while their hunters are in the woods. Adjust stands to get their clients closer to the game. They also work some very late hours tending to tracking, field dressing, and generally taking care of game that has been harvested. Also their guides don't go hunting after they get their clients into the stand, as many outfitters guides do. I also know that they have close to a 100% rebook rate as well. That doesn't come from dissatisfied clients. When you do have someone that is dissatisfied they find a site online and post about their dislikes. Some of those folks actually harvested very good deer, but were upset because they weren't allowed to come back and hunt for free. Some folks consider it a bad hunt just because they didn't harvest a deer. Heck, that is hunting and no one cept the good Lord has control over that. Then you get folks who have heard stories from other folks posting and they get exagerated as they go. Also any of the stories you may read about or hear are generally over blown. Tell me the truth, if you have what you consider to be a bad experience somewhere and you want to tell others, are you not going to make it sound worse that it really was. Because you want to try to send hurt back where you feel your hurt came from. Try telling that to the multitude of hunters who are satisfied each year and do rebook. IMB has over 70,000 acres in 5 states.

If you didn't figure it out, yes, I work for IMB Outfitters. They have been in business for over 10 years and I have worked for them for over 6. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me via PM or email.

Heath, that handle ya got just cracks me up every time I see it. Talk to me buddy, give me a holler.

Last edited by deerdust; 09-21-2012 at 10:02 AM.