Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri? >

Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Spike

Yes I see they are still up to same old tricks, we need to keep these post going so anyone looking to hunt up there will know better and not get cheated
Old 02-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

I looked into a possible hunt with this outfit and just got a gut feeling that it wasn't on the up and up and I changed my mind, thank GOD I did from all of what I have read since then. I go out of state every year somewhere and I do a lot of home work before I book with anyone and so far I have been really lucky and have had good experiences (haven't harvested a animal on every hunt but did see and have chances on all). There is a outfitter in Kentucky that I got a very bad vive from last year and didn't book with him for that reason. May be a great place but the guy seemed to be full of sh**. I really believe that over all most outfitters are honest hard working guys that want you to be successful so you will return year after year!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Spike

Hey guys just a quick review...I researched my Iowa tag for years before committing to IMB. My 2013 hunt was a true success! Preston the camp manager did a great job of setting a realistic expectation on what to expect and never over promised on anything. I've hunted all over and these guys really did a good job of taking care of the hunters in camp. By the way...there were only four of us in Iowa for the rut the entire week I was there...far from over crowded. I felt like we had the run of the place.

I suggest anyone call the outfitter and talk with them. Ask questions and feel them out. That's what I did and I had a really great hunt.

You can read my story and see some pics on www.sitkagear.com or here: http://www.sitkagear.com/insight/a-f...s-on-your-mind

All in all: Fair price, good guides, good facilities, good land, good people.

Risk when hunting: weather, other people, yourself and the fact that deer are free will animals who may just as soon turn left as they do right. There are no guarantees.

Good luck this season!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Black River Killer
Hey guys just a quick review...I researched my Iowa tag for years before committing to IMB. My 2013 hunt was a true success! Preston the camp manager did a great job of setting a realistic expectation on what to expect and never over promised on anything. I've hunted all over and these guys really did a good job of taking care of the hunters in camp. By the way...there were only four of us in Iowa for the rut the entire week I was there...far from over crowded. I felt like we had the run of the place.

I suggest anyone call the outfitter and talk with them. Ask questions and feel them out. That's what I did and I had a really great hunt.

You can read my story and see some pics on www.sitkagear.com or here: http://www.sitkagear.com/insight/a-f...s-on-your-mind

All in all: Fair price, good guides, good facilities, good land, good people.

Risk when hunting: weather, other people, yourself and the fact that deer are free will animals who may just as soon turn left as they do right. There are no guarantees.

Good luck this season!
***How about that! This thread starts getting brought to the top with more bad reviews and out of the woodwork comes another IMB shill with a first post saying that IMB is better than sliced bread, LOL! I wonder who this poster is! Maybe Darrin, his wife, a guide, or whatever, but you can bet it's someone closely affiliated with IBM!!! It's a shame an outfit continues to screw people, but the fact is that many hunters think that anyone associated with hunting are on the up and up when in reality there are plenty of crooks out there. This guy can probably fill all his hunts and make plenty of money because he doesn't need to rely on repeat business with the multitude of people out there thay don't do enough on their own before they book and they get fleeced. For every one we read about that comes on a site with the true picture of how this guy operates there are probably 50 more that are too ashamed they got taken to the cleaners and won't say a word.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-31-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Spike

Hey Topgun I appreciate your concern there I really do but I can assure you my hunting experience is real. Did you read my story? See the pictures? All of that really happened...hard to fudge that.

I see these guys getting beat up a lot )just like all the other outfitters I've ever used) and I believed my experience was a quality one so I shared. If there's something wrong in that then I guess I'll need to be educated on why there can't be two points of view?

This was my first hunt with IMB but not my last.

Like I said, good luck to you guys with whoever you decide to hunt with.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Spike

Default Dissatisfied completely

I am sure that IMB already has people standing in line to discredit my response. Go ahead and disparage anyone who has had a bad experience. I'm just telling you I have hunted in several countries on guided and unguided trips for many years and have NEVER had such a terrible experience with any outfitter. It was the worst kind because the owner lied to us and frankly is really weird. If there is a lot of smoke there is some fire. The guide he put us with was working hard for us and a good guy. The owner is a strange duck and during our indoctrination spent an hour telling us stories about a guy who smoked crack in his blinds while he chain smoked himself. Then it went downhill from there. The whole experience was sordid. Take it for what it is worth but buyer beware.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Spike

Ok so I hunted with IMB twice this year...I had some success last year in Iowa and I detailed that out above...I hunted in Illinois during the first week of November and I hunted in Mizzou for the first gun season..I think it's only fair that I detail out my experiences and give a review on IMB Outfitters.

Illinois Lodge: Best lodge I've ever been to. 4-5 Star all the way. Lived up to it's billing on the website. Andy does a great job keeping you comfortable and keeping you fed.

My Illinois Hunt: I had a really good hunt but I did not kill. I passed a shooter buck on the first day (130+" 8pt)...really the first hour of the first day. The winds blew 20mph + EVERYDAY I was there. It rained and sleeted during my hunts. I saw Three shooters in Five days, one of which was at 15yds...see above ^^^. The biggest shooter was 145 class 8/9pt (Which is a big buck!). The hunting was tough with the wind. I saw bucks everyday but one and on the day I didn't see a buck the wind was howling over 30mph so I wasn't surprised. There were 12 hunters in camp by my count. Two Killed, Two Wounded, Two Missed and Two like myself did not shoot at shooter bucks that passed within range. So eight opportunities to kill 130 class bucks out of 12 hunters those five days in very tough weather conditions. Guides were great and the properties were awesome. I didn't feel like they were over hunted at all. During the week I was in Illinois the Mizzou lodge killed TWO 190+" bucks! Maybe should have picked Mizzou for bow season. WOW!

Mizzou Lodge: Awesome people, Great place, great food. Very happy with the Mizzou Lodge. I stayed at the Bush Lodge.

Mizzou Hunting: Some of the best I've seen. 26 hunters in Camp...11 Killed on the first day. Including myself...I shot a 168 7/8" 300lb buck. I passed a shooter 8pt before killing the big boy. The woods and properties were awesome...30,000 acres to hunt with IMB in Mizzou...nothing was over hunted from what I could see. At the end of the week 20 bucks out of 26 hunters and EVERYONE had shot opportunities. Some were shot and lost, some missed and some didn't take the shot. My buck was the second largest of the week...a 174" buck was killed on the last day.

Bottom Line: Three hunts in with IMB and I'm batting .666 with over 300"s of bone on my wall... A quality hunting experience for me. I wil be back.

Weather is a HUGE factor in hunting success...your attitude is a HUGE Factor in your success. Go with an open mind and don't think it's a lock...you have to hunt...the deer have to cooperate. It's not a given that you will kill something.

Happy Hunting!

B R K
Old 12-03-2019, 04:27 AM
Spike

Default IMB Missouri NO BETTER

It's my own fault, I fell for all the hype and booked my 2019 hunt with IMB for the 1st rifle hunt. Had I done my homework before hand they would not even have gotten the time of day from me, I felt secure as the advertisement was with " Buckmasters", certainly they would not offend there clients by endorsing an outfitter that was not first rate ? wrong again. There were a few positives, so I will start with them.
* The staff at camp did an amazing job keeping up with the place and good food for all meals.
*The guides had to deal with at least 3 hunters each and for the most part did a good job.
That's a fairly short list. Just a short note: I am not a negative person "my glass is always half full" so I made the best of this hunt and hunted hard.
Now for the negatives:
* Full to capacity with 32-33 hunters in camp, I think 20 would be pushing the carry capacity of the available land.
* Let's talk about the land; Mostly micro farms with intense pressure from within and from all sides from adjacent land owners "to think they could QDM these farms is an impossibility.
* Because of the amount of hunters I don't know if there was a stand or micro farm that did not have intence foot traffic every morning and afternoon.
That's enough as I am not a negative person. Moral of the story "Stay away from IMB"
Old 05-13-2020, 04:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deerdust
I understand that when someone books a hunt with an outfitter, they expect the very best of hunts. There are many factors that come into play though, such as the unpredictability of the weather(being the biggest factor), crops, pressure on nearby farms, trespassers, etc. The guides have no control over these situations. There are going to be some folks who don't have their dream hunt. That is a given, it is hard to please everyone. I know for a fact the guides with IMB work their tails off to get their clients on game. They do food plots, pre-season scouting, scout while their hunters are in the woods. Adjust stands to get their clients closer to the game. They also work some very late hours tending to tracking, field dressing, and generally taking care of game that has been harvested. Also their guides don't go hunting after they get their clients into the stand, as many outfitters guides do. I also know that they have close to a 100% rebook rate as well. That doesn't come from dissatisfied clients. When you do have someone that is dissatisfied they find a site online and post about their dislikes. Some of those folks actually harvested very good deer, but were upset because they weren't allowed to come back and hunt for free. Some folks consider it a bad hunt just because they didn't harvest a deer. Heck, that is hunting and no one cept the good Lord has control over that. Then you get folks who have heard stories from other folks posting and they get exagerated as they go. Also any of the stories you may read about or hear are generally over blown. Tell me the truth, if you have what you consider to be a bad experience somewhere and you want to tell others, are you not going to make it sound worse that it really was. Because you want to try to send hurt back where you feel your hurt came from. Try telling that to the multitude of hunters who are satisfied each year and do rebook. IMB has over 70,000 acres in 5 states.

If you didn't figure it out, yes, I work for IMB Outfitters. They have been in business for over 10 years and I have worked for them for over 6. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me via PM or email.

Heath, that handle ya got just cracks me up every time I see it. Talk to me buddy, give me a holler.

says the guy that works for them, take it from someone who has hunted with them and not work for them, I would not recommend them for multiple reasons. will not go into details here but consider yourself warned.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Spike

I have hunted with them and it was not as advertised...I do not recommend them. consider yourself warned. Don't just look at one or two lucky hunters that t posted. Look at the multiple honest posts that did not have a pleasant hunt. It's not about the success, its about how they represent themselves and follow through. 1/2 star aat best on that