HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting my son better at 3-D????
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting my son better at 3-D????

could he just be getting tired by chance or is it the whole time while shooting??

i know when i dont shoot for a while and loose my muscle and muscle memory, i get real jumpy and punchy...or if i shoot too much in a day and am tired, i loose it and my release is terrible...thats when i realized that backing off the weight was the ticket...as well as standing infront of my bag, closing my eyes and just focusing on my release..still go back to doing that every now and again...

but if he does it all the time, id agree with the others...just thought id throw that out there....

also, is it just 3d targets or spots too??

i had a buddy that could shoot spots OK...but his first couple 3d shoots i never saw someone so jumpy..scared me to be around him...and he had to buy another set of arrows but he came around...i tried helping but hes a hard head, been into archery longer than me and didnt wanna hear anything i had to say and got mad so i quit trying to help and watch him loose/break arrows when he shouldnt be...then he realized, for being newer to archery, i outshot him all summer at the shoots...he finally asked for advice, but wasnt dedicated and didnt wanna do what i do to shoot like i can...

funny thing is he ONLY shoots 3d deer targets in his yard...dont know if it was the couple guys watching him or what it was...but he was REAL jumpy...hed draw back and that arrow was gone and if he hit the target we were celebrating lol