HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VDGIF Focus Group summeries up
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Did anyone happen to notice the HUGE?? Non Hound Hunter Focus group turn out?? They invited approx. 36 hunters who asked to be involved and 3 were in attendance. What does that have to say to the much deisred legal pro-active solution I hear from these demographic of hunters? One could read this as the above mention group as a whole just wants something tocomplain about, it could also be said that it is only a few who aretruly up in arms over the issue and that overall there is not a huge as issues as some would like us to believe. There is also the theory that this group figured they did not need togo because someone else was goingto do the work for them "why should I take my time to express myself in a enviroment which will lead to any suggested and inacted changes in regulations and changes when the state will take care ifit anyway" is a direct qoute from a friend of mine who is a archery only hunter when I asked him last night if he would have attendedgiven the chance?

Before your fingers hit the key board you yousnetence me to a life inSatan's house for the above, finish reading.......

I am not saying that any of the above are true but what exactly is the reason for the one group who was complaining the loudest and stirring the pot so to speak to have the poorest turn out? and even those that did turn out seemed to not have any huge issues with dog hunting and no one our right said they wanted it banned?I know there are a few more studies yet to be posted but I amusing the already posted focusgroups as my basis.

NOw I will openly acknowledge thatthere area numberofproblems that need addressing and a seasonable resulotion to be come up with such as the right to retrieve law bing the biggest, andthe second that there is not a dedicated legal training season for deer dogs... I feel if these two issues would be resolved, and I feel that they can be reasonable solutions for both sides, that a majority ofissues will come to a end. I know that it will not end all unethical actions from slob hunters who use dogs by any means, but the still hunters have a numer a slob hunters as well who, that no matter what laws and rules are there willcontinue their actions until caught and punished with a stiff enough punishment. It is living in la-la land to think thatthere will never beissues but I am sure we can drastically cut these issues down.

Bigg~birdd I am curious as to why you havenot answered my question that I poised to you? Just want to know if youcan stop and think about things from all aspects or just one?PLease dont take this as a attack.. just trying understand everyones point of view