Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VDGIF Focus Group summeries up >

VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Look at the law enforcement ones and property owners. Typical dog chaser behavior for the most part.
Read the summary for each meeting. Change is coming.
http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/hounds/?tab=focus-group-summaries
Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

“One of their presidents, vice presidents, whatever, stood in some woman’s driveway a few years
ago and told her, ‘We hunted this property before you bought it, we’re going to continue to hunt
this property. If we can’t get on it, we’re going to turn the dogs loose here, we’re going to run
them across your property, we’re going to shoot the deer on the other side.’ He stood in her
driveway and said, ‘There’s not a damn thing you can do about it.’”
I wonder if that club is a member of VHDA?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a overall positive view for continued dog hunting in Virginia to me. I hope it suffices you and all the anti-doghunters. It doesn't sound like much change is going to happen to me.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rick64

[align=left]“One of their presidents, vice presidents, whatever, stood in some woman’s driveway a few years[/align][align=left]ago and told her, ‘We hunted this property before you bought it, we’re going to continue to hunt[/align][align=left]this property. If we can’t get on it, we’re going to turn the dogs loose here, we’re going to run[/align][align=left]them across your property, we’re going to shoot the deer on the other side.’ He stood in her[/align][align=left]driveway and said, ‘There’s not a damn thing you can do about it.’”[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I wonder if that club is a member of VHDA?[/align]
Sheesh.... And you wonder why deer doggers get such a bad rap.

I've said it before - Deer Doggers: Clean up your act or your act will get cleaned up for you! [:@]

Old 02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read all of them and it seems that the Game Wardens and other Law Officers hear the SAME CRAP as the rest of us when they have to deal with the doggers......As Bigg~BirddVA said.....A change is coming.......I belive A BIG CHANGE IS COMING........SOON....
Old 02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Sounds like a overall positive view for continued dog hunting in Virginia to me. I hope it suffices you and all the anti-doghunters. It doesn't sound like much change is going to happen to me.
Some smell the coffee when they wake up in the morning, others sleep in unaware of what's in store.
First the pro-dog groups or dog chasers are going to say how great it is and blah, blah. Same old all is well story. Those they'll take with a grain of salt. Ask any offender and he sees nothing wrong with what he's doing. They'll weigh more on the affected parties than the offenders. Law enforcement is a BIG one. And I'll quote their summary for you.
Issues that surfaced repeatedly included trespassing, hunting out of season or hours, and hunting from the roads or blocking traffic. It seemed that most hound hunting issues officers in this focus group encountered were related to deer and bear hound hunters. In addition, officers were quick to note that not all hound hunters cause problems, but those that do are highly visible and persistent. Officers believed that
consistent laws, closing loopholes in existing laws, stiffer penalties for violations, and increased
education of hunters, landowners, and others would help make enforcement more effective.
That says it all. Close loopholes, real penalties and it's deer and bear hunters. I'm so glad you're confident nothing is going to happen. Just enjoy the ride and remember to remain seated until it comes to a complete stop.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brewman555

I read all of them and it seems that the Game Wardens and other Law Officers hear the SAME CRAP as the rest of us when they have to deal with the doggers......As Bigg~BirddVA said.....A change is coming.......I belive A BIG CHANGE IS COMING........SOON....
Read the summaries for each group. Throw out the pro-offender group as we all know they do no wrong and look at the rest. Several common issues are present in each one. Solutions are the same in each one as well. There is only one thing that can come from all this and it's regulation change for the offenders. 2009 is getting closer every day.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree BBVA......a regulation change will happen........To have a guy tell a Game Warden " My dog can`t read a sign" or any of the other stuff they pull won`t help at all when the study group reads the comments of the Wardens or talks to the Wardens.......I would think what a Game Warden has to say will have a lot of impact......
Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I think law enforcement would the best opinion on this, they see more of the problems than anyone else.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Did anyone happen to notice the HUGE?? Non Hound Hunter Focus group turn out?? They invited approx. 36 hunters who asked to be involved and 3 were in attendance. What does that have to say to the much deisred legal pro-active solution I hear from these demographic of hunters? One could read this as the above mention group as a whole just wants something tocomplain about, it could also be said that it is only a few who aretruly up in arms over the issue and that overall there is not a huge as issues as some would like us to believe. There is also the theory that this group figured they did not need togo because someone else was goingto do the work for them "why should I take my time to express myself in a enviroment which will lead to any suggested and inacted changes in regulations and changes when the state will take care ifit anyway" is a direct qoute from a friend of mine who is a archery only hunter when I asked him last night if he would have attendedgiven the chance?

Before your fingers hit the key board you yousnetence me to a life inSatan's house for the above, finish reading.......

I am not saying that any of the above are true but what exactly is the reason for the one group who was complaining the loudest and stirring the pot so to speak to have the poorest turn out? and even those that did turn out seemed to not have any huge issues with dog hunting and no one our right said they wanted it banned?I know there are a few more studies yet to be posted but I amusing the already posted focusgroups as my basis.

NOw I will openly acknowledge thatthere area numberofproblems that need addressing and a seasonable resulotion to be come up with such as the right to retrieve law bing the biggest, andthe second that there is not a dedicated legal training season for deer dogs... I feel if these two issues would be resolved, and I feel that they can be reasonable solutions for both sides, that a majority ofissues will come to a end. I know that it will not end all unethical actions from slob hunters who use dogs by any means, but the still hunters have a numer a slob hunters as well who, that no matter what laws and rules are there willcontinue their actions until caught and punished with a stiff enough punishment. It is living in la-la land to think thatthere will never beissues but I am sure we can drastically cut these issues down.

Bigg~birdd I am curious as to why you havenot answered my question that I poised to you? Just want to know if youcan stop and think about things from all aspects or just one?PLease dont take this as a attack.. just trying understand everyones point of view

Quick Reply: VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.