HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public or Private Land?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Buckeye Hunter
Spike

Default RE: Public or Private Land?

I would consentrate on deer crossings along the roads that lead into or go through the park. Make yourself a little map or get one from the park office and drive these roads and mark the crossings. Hunt the sideof the road that leads into heavy cover and stay on the down wind side of the trail,lets say 50 yrds + in from the road to 40,50 yrds of the side of the trail with a gun, depending on how thick the cover is. This type of set up gives you two ways the deer will travel, across the road or along the road as they are pushed by other hunters. I don't try to isolate myself from the rest of thehunters I use them to my advantage. I look for trucks and listen for shooting and setup at a crossing I have marked on my map where I think I have the best chance of seeing deer movement. Most hunters will come back to the truck after a few hours of huntingfor one reason or another and this is your time to kill a deer. This is an excelant time to go scout for those crossings,they are well worn down and can be seen from your truck. If all else fails give this a try,it works for me. Good Luck