HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gun Poll on USA Today
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
remington_girl
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

I think everyone needs to calm down here and take a step back.

KP you make it sound like just because certain people in various countriescant own guns that they do not have freedom, well i can tell you from my years of travelling that there is way more to life than guns and I hunt, and the US isn't the bee all and end all, every country has its good and bad points, some are better than others i guess. Have you ever experianced the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?

Freedom comes in many forms than just being able to own a firearm. I live in Scotland and I for one minute do not fee oppressed at all or live in fear let alone feel the need to own a gun to protect my family waiting for my government to turn on us. uh no.

Kind regards
I'm sorry Remington Girl but your post clearly shows your ignorance in regards to our second amendment. The right to own and bear arms affords us the ability to remain free.

Our government can't turn on us because of this right and because of the Americans that are willing to FIGHT for Freedom.

Please don't dumb down our freedom. It's not that simple and shouldn't even be compared to "the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?" as you put it.
So your saying that we didn't fight for freedom? I find your post ingorant because your basically saying America is the best and how you fought for true freedom - Braveheart comes to mind.

I DO understand the 2nd amendment, I studied American history at highschool plus my boyfriend talks about it like most other Americans i speak to.

And do not call me ignorant, I get highly offended when people say that when they do not know me.