HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting on Sunday's
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
DannyD
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

ORIGINAL: DannyD

If a state bans Sunday hunting shouldn't they ban Sunday fishing?
Bike riding?
Football games?
Baseball?
Shouldn't the ski mountains be closed?
Why can i go waterskiing on the lake on Sundays?
You'll probably find one of my daughters at the mall on Sunday afternoon.

I really would like to know how many people who vote to ban Sundayhunting take part in one of these activities on a Sunday
Because none of the things go "BOOM!!"you're comparing apples to oranges. I think that is the concern of the non-supporters. Plus, the safety issuesin those areas where people ride horses, bikes, fish,and other outdoor activities on Sunday.

Lots of small rural churches nearhunting areas. It should be give and take. Ifhunters want the right to hunt on Sunday, and Church-goers want peace and quiet, then thereishappy medium that should be met. Both pay taxes, both are state residents, both are entitled to life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. The problem will be the churchgoers that hate hunters, and the hunters that dont care about church.

And I dont think there was a vote to ban it so to speak, the vote was to overturn the ban. Some other Virginian out there may recall if there was a vote or not. I thought it had a majority vote and still didnt pass. Politics.

Big question is this. Are people who go to church the only ones against it???

Vabyrd,
Our gun ranges are not closed Sunday. Lots of Boom going on there. Ever hear a bunch of racing boats on a lake? lot's of noise there.
People shouldn't be riding horses, bikes, on Private land unless we give them permission.

I don't think the Boom factor is the reason. Otherwise the ranges would be closed andboat racing would be banned.and if the horse riding and bike riding is the issue why not allow the hunting on private land?
Peace and quiet my eye. Do you really think the only ones voting against hunting are the people who want to take quietwalks in the woods in the winter? Go hang out on your hunting spot tomorrow and see how many people walk by. Not enough of those people to win a vote.

Oh and onemore thing. My bowdoesn't go boom and there havn't been a lot of reports about horseriders gettingaccidently shot by an arrow around here.

BTW VAbyrd, I'm not attacking you personally. I'm saying if that if someone is telling you that vote against Sunday hunting for those reaasons then they have many more fish to fry